Time: 45 minutes
This is a recipe I came up with when my parents went to visit me in Turin. It turned out pretty great.
They liked it so much.
This is the version I’m cooking for my family this Christmas Eve.
So, let’s get into it!
- Let’s start with the preparation of this dish by pre-heating the owen at 180°C with the fan-assisted setting.
- Pour the beer in a small pan with the honey. Put it on the cooker at the medium setting.
- When it caramelises, add the salt and get it off the cooker and let it sit.
- Peel the potatoes and wash them, then with a sharp knife (or a mandoline slicer) and cut ‘em in thin slices.
- Take a baking tray and put a sheet of greaseproof paper on top of it.
- Place the salmon on top of the greaseproof paper, then surround it with the potatoes.
- Pour the previously-prepared beer and honey mix on top of the salmon with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the remaining mix on top of the potatoes, put the salt on the potatoes and put a little bit of oil on top of em, then add the grains mix.
- Put everything the baking tray inside the oven.
- Take it out when the salmon and the potatoes are goldened.
Let me know what you think of this recipe by using the comments below or by hitting me up on Twitter.